Sunday 23 August 2009

Blind Health

I have to wear glasses for my driving lessons. Ideally, I should really wear them more. Like at work for example; I spend all day on a computer staring at a screen. But I really don’t like having to wear them. I do feel guilty, considering I spent ages looking all around Leicester trying to find a pair I liked. In the end I got a two-colour pair with light blue on the sides and on top of the lenses and silver underneath. Gav says I look lovely in them, all intellectual (first time for everything), but I can’t get used to them. Maybe it’s a case of not wanting to.
Trouble is, I’ve been getting headaches and although I know it’s more than my eyesight, I know it’s not helping. Which is why i’m now considering contact lenses. Thing is, I don’t know if it’s such a good idea with taking methotrexate. Gavin can only get away with wearing contacts when he plays footy because being diabetic means his eyes are affected and can mean he could go blind (worst case scenario). RA sufferers taking mtx will know that, like many other arthritis medication, it can damage certain organs as well as your eyes.
So, where does this leave me? Well currently, being stubborn and still only wearing them when I’m on the road, when it’s actually compulsory! Does anyone else know anymore on this subject, or does anyone take RA meds and wear contacts already?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP