Monday 17 August 2009

One Month Smoke Free!

It’s been exactly one month now since me and Gavin have quit smoking. I was never a ‘proper’ smoker, so to speak; more one of those ‘casual’ ones. However that doesn’t mean that I’ve not missed it. Id like to say that the past four visits to our local boozer (yes, I know, but lack of money means we don’t get out much) have been uplifting, but it’s not. We try to keep our minds occupied but it’s so difficult when you watch people stepping out the front door to have a smoke. Drinking larger amounts of alcohol doesn’t help either as this only hightens the feeling of ‘need’. One day it’s like ‘I’m fine, I don’t need this , I’m doing it for myself, the boyfriend, the Arthur and hopefully the kids!’, the next it’s like ‘life is just too short’. As I’ve said before, there isn’t always stuff to really enjoy in life with money issues and lack of time. And when that is the case, these little things matter even more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP